Friday, July 9, 2010

NCRS Tech Seminar & Judging School at GM Down Under





6/14/2010. This was our first NCRS event at our shop in a while and it was well attended. About 40 showed up. Coffee and Donuts were the first order of the day, whilst checking the cool/ under priced/ perfect/ fantastic cars at GM Downunder (Just joking). Our first speaker was Jim Gessner, who talked about GM Corvette racing history. He also did a presentation on corvette big brakes and suspension. The second presentation was by John Legate on Judging 101. This was a video presentation from the National Judging school in Texas. Finally after lunch was a technical presentation by Larry Pearson on grounding issues on corvettes. All-in-all everyone had fun and a day out.

Just my luck I had an out of state buyer fly in from Ohio to look at a 1963 split window. I was bouncing between him and his wife and the show. When asked if he could pay someone to evaluate the car, I cringed. I told him there were 40 NCRS Judges in the shop to pick from. He grabbed a volunteer and and spent a few hours going through and judging the car. It all went well but he had to go home and think about it. Well a week or so later, we struck a deal and he bought his dream car.

I guess more people are reading our Blog than I expected. If you have any comments or wish to participate please email.